Tuesday, March 23, 2010

NOT a size 12!

Okay, so here I am, with not enough hours in the day and still, I'm trying to do EVERYTHING at 12:10am. This is normal, right? We've established that I'm a night owl, so that's not a stretch, but let's keep in mind that I don't have any recovery time in the morning if I do stay up late. No, those days are long gone. And still, I do this to myself knowing that I'll be struggling to stay awake in between Dora and diaper changes throughout the morning.
So I'm sitting here on the couch, having just showered after my late night workout, with a book that I intend to bookmark and a Lands End catalog that hosts the new swimsuit I'm ordering. And I'm watching the news too, to catch up on all the political gossip since yesterday. 22 pens? Really? Anyway! So I made the mistake of breaking out the tape measure to see just how far off of the imaginary size in my head I am. Well, pretty far. I won't go into inches, but it's about 3 inches larger than I would have hoped. Sigh!
Now, my attitude(decidedly): An 8 lb.1oz. baby boy left my body alittle over 4 months ago! And really, my work out regimen has only been consistent for about 6 weeks, as a zombie lived in my body 3 months before that. I'm already stronger and my stamina is coming back, I can feel it. There is hope! But no, I still don't fit in my pre-pregnancy clothes and yes, I am trying to watch what I eat, and boy, do I want to keep wearing those comfy maternity jeans! For some reason, my mother does not understand that my post-pregnancy waist does not react the way hers did after her children were born. According to her, she was in her pre-pregnancy clothes 2 weeks later. I just want to scream, "I'm not Heidi Klum, Mother!" But when I stop listening to my mother and amazingly, quite a few strangers that feel the need to critique my progress, I step back and realize, I've got to cut myself some slack. It'll happen, I'm not quite hideous yet. Still have both eyes and nice hair, so there's not much to point and stare at in public. Yes, I'm still a ways from a comfortable size 12, but it'll come. And until then, I can't wait to get my "All-Over Control" new swimsuit!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwesome! I had a 9 lbs boy in november & still don't fit in my pre-pregger clothes either. Things just don't bounce back into place as quickly as they do the first time around. I joined your lbs for lbs club!

    ReplyDelete