Monday, January 11, 2010

Too negative?

Boy, am I glad that I'm using a computer! I just typed out a couple of sentences and after realizing they were too negative, voila, deleted! Computers are great that way! I really want to write something inspired, as I hope this blog to be most times, but I'm feeling kind of worn down and uninspired. It's not writer's block, it's complainer's block. So I'd like to complain about situations in your life that you're forced to sit through because you're being polite. Earlier this evening, I was hounded with questions about why I chose this or decided that or why I didn't do it that way, and I just wanted to scream, "Lay off! Because of this and that and they had no openings and we decided this instead of that! And it was 2 years ago and I've moved on!" Sheesh! Actually, it was as though I were talking to my mother! Don't get me wrong, mothers are great, but they also don't let up and they think they're being clever when they "suggest" something to you 5 times, but in different verbiage each time. Like you're going to have some epiphany that 5th time and succumb to their bidding. "Wow, I never thought of it that way, I'm going to suddenly change my mindset regarding this situation!" But this person was not my mother, so she didn't even get the daughter thought response of, "Bite your tongue, bite your tongue, she's your mother and she's only trying to help. No matter how old you are, she'll always have 'suggestions' for your life." I mean, I find it exhausting to just think of my own mother asking me these questions, so you can imagine how it felt to be interrogated by someone else. Sigh! See what I mean, this post if far too negative, but at least I'm not establishing my blog as too happy-go-lucky! So even though I really want to delete this entire post, I'm going to leave it for posterity and the proof that I really did get down to the computer and "write something, damn it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment